Nile Cruise tour
from Luxor to Aswan 5-Day Luxury
- Cruise the River Nile on a deluxe cruise boat.
- Visit the temples of Edfu, Kom Ombo and Abu Simbel.
- See optional sound and light shows at Karnak Temple.
- Thrill to an optional hot air balloon ride over Luxor.
- All meals included, featuring a mix of Egyptian and Western food.
- Enjoy the services of an expert Egyptologist guide.
Nile Cruise tour
Enjoy beautiful scenery as you cruise down the River Nile on a 5-day journey from Luxor to Aswan. Stop off to explore the temples of Karnak, Luxor, Edfu and more. See the Valley of the Kings. Relax and soak up the luxury of your boat.
Nile Cruise tour Description:
Take this 5-day luxury Nile cruise of the Nile cruise tour from Luxor to Aswan and see many of the most important archaeological sites of Egypt on one vacation. Explore the Valley of the Kings at Luxor, take in the splendors of the Kom Ombo Temple, see a sound and light show, ride a felucca and much more.
After your arrival at Luxor you will check in to the M/S Florence St. Nile Cruise, or similar boat and start your cruise. You will receive privately guided tours during the cruise allowing you to plan your itinerary with your guide according to your preferences.
Day 1: Luxor
Before setting sail you will have time to explore the fabulous ruins of Luxor. Cross the Nile to Visit the West Bank and the Valley of the Kings. Stroll around the Temple of Queen Hatshepsut and see the Colossi of Memnon. Return to the East Bank to visit the Karnak and Luxor Temples.
You will spend an overnight on board the boat in Luxor, with the opportunity to disembark to enjoy an optional Sound and Light Show at Karnak Temple.
Day 2: Esna / Edfu
Set sail in the early morning for Esna and Edfu. Enjoy the fabulous scenery of the Nile Valley as you sail. Edfu is the site of the Ptolemaic Temple of Horus and an ancient settlement that was known in Roman times as Apollinòpolis. Just to the north of the ruins lie some important Egyptian pyramids.
Spend the night on board your boat at Edfu and enjoy a relaxing dinner at leisure.
Day 3: Edfu / Kom Ombo / Aswan
After breakfast on board, visit the Temple of Horus by car. The Ptolemaic temple, dates from 237 and 57 BC, into the reign of Cleopatra VII and is one of the best preserved temples in Egypt.
Sail on to Kom Ombo and visit the Kom Ombo Temple, dedicated to the crocodile-god Sobek and the falcon-god Haroeris. It stands at a bend in the Nile where in ancient times sacred crocodiles basked in the sun.
Continue to Aswan for your overnight stay. Dinner will be served on board the boat and you will arrive in Aswan late in the evening
Day 4: Aswan
After breakfast visit the High Dam, the Unfinished Obelisk and the remarkable Philae Temple of Abu Simbel.
In the afternoon, enjoy a tour around the Aswan Islands on a traditional felucca.
Spend the night in Aswan with the opportunity to disembark to see the Sound and Light Show at the Philae Temple.
Day 5: Departure
Check-out after breakfast and transfer to Aswan Airport or your Aswan hotel for your onward journey or tour.
• 5-day Nile Cruise
• Sightseeing as per itinerary
• Qualified Egyptologist guide
• Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) on board the boat
• Hotel or Airport pick-up and drop-off
What’s Not Included:
• Tips (optional)
Good to Know:
High Season Extras:
– Nile Cruise – XMAS/NY/Easter week Supplement $ 136
– Nile Cruise – NY Gala Dinner Supplement $ 116
• All major credit cards accepted on board the boat
• Tour schedule: (Saturday, Sunday) Pick-up from Luxor hotels, airport or rail station at 10:00
• Please bring: Passport valid for 6 months; comfortable shoes; cotton clothes in summer; warm clothes in winter; sunblock; sunglasses
• Cancellation and no show: Cancellation can be made without penalty up to 20 days prior to tour date. 50% cancellation fee applicable within 7-19 days of departure. 80% cancellation fee within 1-6 days of departure or no show.